WK's Coach's Tips
Batter Tips - Part II
In this second edition of our Coach's Tip, I'd like to
continue our discussion on hitting:
- Have sound practice habits and practice with a purpose.
Learn to use the whole field.
- During the game, go to the plate with a plan. Know the
pitcher and the game situation.
- Once in the batter's box, trust your swing and focus on
tracking the ball.
- Keep it simple. The bat should be a size and weight that
feels comfortable to you and one that you can handle with
- The bat should be held in the base of the fingers; not
back in the hands.
- Hold the bat loosely, free of tension. Tension is the
number one enemy of hitters.
- For most hitters in normal situations, middle knuckles
should be close to being in line.
- BE COMFORTABLE. The set up should be whatever is
comfortable as long as there is proper balance and plate
That's it for now...more next time....
Keep your head in the game !!
Updated June 19, 1997